The versatile communications platform
gateway4med is a high-performance system which manages and simplifies the exchange of information between different medical IT systems. As networking scenarios as well as the use of different communication standards continue to expand in healthcare, there is a growing need for a linking tool that transfers messages from one system into another and makes sure that the receiving system can actually work with the information provided without problems or delays.
gateway4med acts more or less as a 'translator' between systems that otherwise cannot communicate directly, e.g. because they use different communication standards. It receives and modifies messages and passes them on to the receiving system in its required format. Every step of the data transmission is logged, so the entire process and any messages are transparent at all times. If problems occur, the source of an error can be traced back quickly. This allows users to better control their processes.
Display via Web Interface
Data is displayed in a clear coherent format via a web interface. The extensive message history allows users to access, modify or resend messages.
Many use cases - some examples ...
- A requesting system sends orders that need to arrive in both an information system for radiology and also for orthopaedics. gateway4med splits up the orders and expedites the appropriate request to the respective system.
- System 1 sends one single request code to system 2, which is to be used to order an entire series of examinations. However, system 2 does not yet support this type of communication. gateway4med adjusts the request message accordingly so that system 1 can continue to request only one service, while system 2 orders several examinations.
Advantages at a glance
- Modular architecture
- Web-based user interface provides easy access without prior installation at the work station.
- All relevant data on one user interface
- No tedious readouts of individual log files
- Without loss of information: Messages are saved the way they are received and transmitted
- Processing steps can be tracked at all times
- Comprehensive reporting function
- Communication flow can be processed and evaluated without special training
- Better oversight for all users
- Evaluations can be carried out at the patient, order or episode level
- Automatic generation of warning messages in the event of a communication error or system failure